This insulated tile backer board is made of extruded polystyrene, reinforced and covered on both sides with a fibreglass mesh embedded into a thin cement polymer mortar. The individual board is 1250mm long X 600mm wide with the optional thickness of 6mm or 10mm. It is installed using a flexible tile adhesive in a similar manner to a large tile.
- Excellent heat insulation
- Completely water resistant
- High compressive strength
- Excellent acoustic properties
- Lightweight and easy to work with/install into new and existing building projects.
- Will not rot or break down
- Environmentally friendly
- Energy saving/energy efficient
- Retains its R and U value even in moist conditions
- Acts as a thermal barrier and significantly reduces heat loss to the substrate
- Transforms undertile heating into a very responsive and efficient system
- Can replace tile and slate underlay
*Not recommended for vinyl
|Thickness* (mm)||Width (mm)||Length (mm)||Weight (kg/board)||Density (kg/m)||Thickness of the foam (mm)||R Value (m.K/W)||Thermal transmittance (W/m²x K) 100° ambient temp difference||Number of insulation boards per box|
*Insulation boards of thickness 30mm and 50mm are also available but have longer lead times.
Technical properties of the foam component
|Thermal Conductivity||0.027 watt/mK|
|Thermal Conductivity||(5 years) 0.032 watt/mK|
|Compressive Strength||3.0 kg/cm² (300kN/m²)|
|Water Absorption (Immersion)||0.02% by vol|
|Water Absorption (Capillary)||Nil|
|Coefficient of Linear Expansion||30 x 10.6|
|Flammability||B1 Class ‘0’|
Fix Marmox to concrete or wooden floors with the appropriate flexible tile adhesive (Classification C2). Simply lay your heating element on top of the Marmox boards and then tile directly over again using a flexible tile adhesive. Quick and easy to install, Marmox boards are a perfect solution for insulating and water- proofing in one operation.